Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I've been thinking about:

1. Imogene. It's one week and two days away and my prospects are bleak. Busy summer means not a lot of training means ohmygoodnessI'mprobablygoingtodieonamountaininColorado.

2. Wow, I didn't blog the entire month of August.

3. Holy cow, it is already September.

4. Holy cow, the weather is already turning cold.

5. Holy cow, my baby started second grade two weeks ago and he's brilliant.

6. I can't believe how attached I am to my dog. I expected to feel some mild affection for him, enough to tolerate all the necessary dog care, but I really thought my affection would be more of an off-shoot of Garion's affection. Not so. He follows me around everywhere I go and sleeps on my feet and I can no longer imagine life without a dog. 6 months--that's all it took.

7. My neighbors have chickens. Based on my understanding of the zoning ordinances and my extensive knowledge of chicken physiology, they are Outlaw Chickens. I can see them from my office window and hear them clucking around all day and I am COMPLETELY jealous. Maybe I will just get chickens and not tell Moses, and, probably, he wouldn't even notice. I'd keep them on the side of the house where he never goes and when they cluck and squawk, I will just blame the noise on the neighbor's chickens!

8. Last weekend we went camping with good friends and I absolutely love having friends who understand the very important skill of social reading--sitting around in proximity to other people while reading and not having to engage in conversation because it is not necessary to talk all the time.

9. Despite a ridiculously late start, I managed to grow tomatoes this year. Yay!! I cannot make them turn red. Boo!!

10. I am reading a book to Garion in which the main character pseudo-swears by saying "brussel sprouts!" I like this. I am going to adopt this.

11. Brussel sprouts! I'm only a couple of months away from 35 and therefore only 5 years away from 40 and, brussel sprouts!, this life thing is going too fast and I would like my money back please.

3 comments:

  1. Re: #6 - Harley is a particularly lovable dog, I don't blame you one bit.

    #7 - I bet you could blackmail your neighbors: "Hey bub, if you share your fresh eggs, I won't report your outlaw chickens to the police." Fresh eggs without the chicken maintenance!

    #8-I know! That was like the best afternoon ever: kids off playing, people napping and reading and just enjoying being together outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, cuz you know, I wouldn't notice the smell of chicken shit wafting up into our bedroom every summer night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree about 8. Totally.

    Okay, I have two cats, but I know the feeling. And they took some time to be found. But, I can't imagine having coffee and cereal without a Callie on my lap.

    Holy cow it is already september. Bye summer. I finally got some corn on the cob from the nice fruit stand.

    ReplyDelete