Monday, November 12, 2007

Cured!

By Ann Brashares of all people. Last week, while Moses was out of town, I whipped through "The Last Summer of You and Me" and this weekend I read "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" in two days-- both by Ann Brashares. Apparently I just needed young adult literature to get through my time of literary lethargy. This weekend, I also enjoyed watching the movie based on the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," which earned me eye-rolls not only from my husband, but from our friend Chris (who called to see if Moses was up for gaming Friday night, and responded with drawn out moan of disbelief--accompanied I am sure by eye-rolling, even though I couldn't see it-- when I confessed I was watching the traveling pants movie).
I'm on to the next book club book, "The Suite Francaise," which promises, like most bookclub books, to be both good and depressing--you know, well written but people you like die. Because it's World War II and that's what happened. And the author died in a concentration camp, so just a little extra depression there in case there wasn't enough in the book. By the time I'm done with it I'm sure I'll need another "traveling pants" book and I can test just exactly how far back in his head Moses can roll his eyes.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!
    I have read all of the "traveling pants" books and can speak that all are good, though four has some problems. My fav. is 3, I think. I liked the movie too, though the Eric in the book is way hotter than the Eric in the movie. Make sure you have tissues as I believe I cried through all four of them and read them rapidly.
    Who cares if the boys don't get it? Embrace your grrl-self and enjoy them. How is the Last Summer? I keep picking it up and putting it down at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the Last Summer and would recommend it--it also requires tissues : ).
    I totally agree that the book Eric was way hotter than the movie one--why would they pick a pussy blond dude for the movie when the book clearly calls for tall, dark, and smoldering? A nearly unforgivable change....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I totally have to read the books now.

    Chris' eye-rolling was no doubt partly MY fault, since my last Netflix selection was the Traveling pants movie - and I can attest to the massive amount of rolling of eyes and snarky remarks I received.

    ReplyDelete