Monday, June 16, 2008

So Exciting

This morning, as per my usual Monday morning routine, I went into the local office to pick-up my mail. The stack of mail waiting for me was soul-draining-ly enormous and I felt that I needed an iced coffee to give me strength and sustenance for hauling that stack home and then summoning the courage to sift through it. So I trotted over to the Late for the Train coffee shop where I procured a delicious iced caramel latte. It came in this cup:


It says, "This cup is made from corn, environmentally sustainable, and 100% compostable." Yes! I have a compost bin! I will put this cup in there and in a couple of months it will be gone. I think that makes the whole process of buying a ridiculous--but oh so wonderfully tasty and sweet and creamy--coffee drink from a shop at least 10% less bad than it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment