Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Ick


My friend Stacy frequently posts that whenever her husband leaves town, bad stuff happens. Ditto that. Must be part of Murphey's law. But only for moms. Moses is presently at a conference of geologists in Portland and will be off conferencing with other people who care about rocks until Thursday. At Garion's suggestion, we headed to the Grand Canyon yesterday and had a great time futzing around and looking at....rocks. Anyway, Garion crashed in the car on the way back. I assumed this was a typical bad wake-up from a middle of the day nap but he went to bed insisting that he was sick. He woke-up this morning with a sore throat and temperature and had been wilting in various places around the house (couch, floor, back porch couch) for the rest of today. The only thing I've managed to get him to eat was an english muffin this morning. I am therefore finding that most frustrating part about this is whole situation that we cannot go to the grocery store and I therefore cannot buy popsicles, which I think is probably the only thing I could convince him to eat. I could try making popsicles with juice, but nothing is so enticing to a kid as food you normally don't let him have that comes in a wrapper. I suspect he would take one look at the homemade popsicle and promptly return to disinterested wilting. The wrapper is critical. I'm hoping that tomorrow ice-y orange juice will appeal to him.
On a lesser note, all my favorite technology chose to kick the bucket today: my laptop battery has died (I am therefore rendered less mobile, although my desktop works just fine) and for some mysterious reason my cell phone will not call out, everything else works on it, but not the part where can, you know, CALL PEOPLE. We have a land line, so it's not like I'm cut off from the world but seriously, what gives?

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the tech. doing mass suicide pacts.

    My computer needs fixing, but I don't have time for it and it's still working.

    ReplyDelete