Thursday, September 11, 2014

12 Miles

I'm training for this year's Tucson's Marathon and this Saturday's long run is 12 miles.  Not my
Out of pavement.
longest run ever, but enough to require some planning and dash of courage.  Probably I should stop thinking about it and all of the other runs on my training schedule.  Also, believe it or not, it is hard to find 12 miles worth of pavement when you live in a small town.  Five miles will get you get you from one side of town to the other other, six kind of leaves you out in the woods or onto the highway. Probably I will just run in circles.

Anyway, we're hitting Pickin' in the Pines this weekend, after I'm done suffering on Saturday morning, so I'm using my flex day tomorrow for house cleaning and grocery shopping.  Which leaves us with next week's dinner menu.

Sept. 13-20

Saturday: chili (in the crock pot)

Sunday: Crunchy Wasabi Salmon with Lime (Bon Appetit p. 308)

Monday: pasta salad

Tuesday: black bean tacos 

Wednesday: hamburgers, veggies and hummus

Thursday: nachos

Friday: Hawaiian pizza

I feel the need to explain that I will be out of town starting Wednesday and the latter part of the menu was the invention of the guys in my house.  Absence of redeeming nutritional value is totally not my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment