Friday, October 17, 2014

A Swing and a Miss

I did not starve my family this week, which is the most important take away of this post.

Menu for Oct. 12-Oct.17

Sunday: Waffles 

--This is what I planned but not what we actually had.  I don't remember what we actually had.


Monday: Cajun Meatloaf (Bon Appetit, p. 388), Roasted potatoes (mix of regular and sweet potatoes), veggies and hummus

--We did eat this, very tasty
       
Taco Tuesday: Chicken fajitas


Sandwich Wednesday: Fried Egg Sandwich with Pancetta and Arugula (maybe spinach instead of Arugula--easier to use up).  P. 158 Bon Appetit

--This didn't happen either.  I was in Phoenix all day Wednesday and got home late,  and Moses was running around dealing with a car in the shop so everybody sorted their own dinner.  I think the boy made himself a quesadilla, I had veggies and hummus with a side of toast, and I guess Moses ate something too.  On a side note, I had waffles and fried chicken  for the first time for lunch on Wednesday (thus my lack of interest in dinner).  I always thought waffles and chicken was some sort of fancy waffle and chicken conglomeration but it turns out it is just fried chicken sitting a plate next to a waffle.  I'm not sure how I feel about that because it seemed pretty random.

Thursday: Leftovers
--This didn't even happen.  G. had climbing club and we grabbed Chipolte afterwards.

Friday: Pizza

--Not even pizza is happening because G is headed to a friend's house after school I'm going to save pizza for tomorrow. I think I'll make the Fried Egg Sandwich with Pancetta for Moses and myself tonight, since we have all the stuff and because: menu plan fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment