Saturday, October 4, 2014

Watch out for Falling Objects

This of course is not that actual meteor I saw, but it was about that size.
This morning I was about halfway through the suckiest, slowest, most miserable run I have had in quite some time when I happened to look up at the right moment, and....a METEOR FELL FROM THE SKY.  In a flash of light and ball of FIRE.  For reals (I checked with the women next to me, they saw it too).  It was big, or at least big compared with what you usually see if you are star-gazing at night.  I was tempted to say "only in Flagstaff" but of course there was that huge meteor in Russia a year or so ago.  So, Russia and Flagstaff.  Unfortunately, the ball of fire falling from the sky did not make my run hurt less--it wasn't one of those magical balls of fire--but it did give me something to thing about besides how much my feet hurt.

This week's dinners: 
Oct. 4-Oct. 10

Saturday: BLTs

Sunday: Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Chili.  I recommend at least doubling the spices for this recipe, otherwise it is good but bland.
               Dessert: Ice cream (lame compared with last week, but you can't go big every week, maybe I'll fry up an apple in butter and cinnamon to go with it)

Monday: Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken with rice.

Taco Tuesday:  Tacos with leftover Santa Fe Chicken as the main filler. (I'm actually just hoping that this will work.  I have not made the Santa Fe Chicken before so don't really know if it'll make good taco filling, but it seems like it'll be okay).

Sandwich Wednesday: Mediteranean Chicken Wraps with veggies and hummus.

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment