Friday, May 25, 2007

Catus Wren


Last night while discussing the fate of our front yard, we discovered we have a nest of catus wrens. The babies make a noise somewhere between a screech and squawk (a scrauwk?). The mama wren appeared to be feeding them olives from the tree in front yard. Which leads me to wonder, are olives really the best food for growing wrens? Does the mama wren not know about the dangers of olive pits? Has she never read "What to Expect" for the nest set? Anyway, here's a picture of the mama wren and the saguaro hole. Later I'm going to see if I can stand on a stool or ladder, far away from the nest of course, and zoom in to get a shot of the babies.
I am so looking forward to this weekend. My parents are watching Garion and Moses and I get a whole weekend to ourselves in Jerome. It is our 7th anniversary, already! We are going to be so grumpy and crotchety by the time we get our 50th--I'm sure we'll be one of those couples who turn their hearing aids off when they get annoyed by the other one. Garion will proably have to move to another country. Unless we go senile--and then it'll be like the first date everyday--and Garion will probably still have to move to another country.
Before I go (off to play a little WoW, still can't believe that's something I do on a regular basis), thanks to my friend Anali over at Grumpator for the shout out today and for all the bloggery advice. Soon, this site should be looking ship shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment