Monday, May 28, 2007

Lasagna in the Highest

This weekend, Moses and I went to Jerome for the weekend to celebrate our seventh anniversary while my parents watched Garion. Garion had such a great time that he actually started crying when we pulled up into the driveway of my parents' house. Which I guess is good because Garion clearly loves his grandparents and feels secure with them. However, it is very bad for my motherly self-esteem--am I expendable? Garion assured me later it wasn't personal, he just didn't want to go home. It was fine if Moses and I were around, as long as we were around at my parents' house, and not going home. Not going home was the key part.
Garion also really impressed my parents by demonstrating to them what a great job I'm doing teaching him about issues of faith. On the way home from church, Garion informed my Mom that he knew some church songs.
"You do?" she asked, "which ones?"
Garion: "I know the lasagna one." Pause on my parents' part.
My mom: "sing it for me so I know how it goes."
Garion: "lasagna in the highest and peace to his people on earth."
Oh my. I guess my step-dad, Larry, nearly choked trying not to laugh too hard. I can see now that I'm going to be standing before the pearly gates on judgement day and this is what it's going to come down to: "Kerry you were charged with raising a decent human being and educating that human being about the ways of God. Yet, it appears that instead of singing the praises of God, you allowed your son to sing the praises of Italian pasta dishes--what say you?" Me: "ummm--does God like lasagna?"
Regardless, Moses and I had a lovely weekend. Jerome is a great town for walking around and generally doing nothing in. You can see some photos from the trip here. We also played multiple rounds of "Lost City" a two-player game given to us by some friends nearly a year ago. I ashamed to say that we haven't played before this weekend--turns out we have to go away for a weekend to carve out enough time to focus on each another long enough to play a card game. Moses, Mr. Math, kicked my butt in the game on Saturday night, but I, wonder-brain woman that I am, returned the favor Sunday night. Hah! I think it might be the first time I've beaten Moses at a game and it will probably never happen again, so I'm just going to take this opportunity to gloat. I WON! Me, Kerry, beat Moses AT A GAME! MOSES LOST!! (love you, honey--happy anniversary).

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your stunning victory! I definitely know the feeling - Chris has been regularly trouncing me at BattleLore.

    And, especial congrats on the 7 blissful years of matrimony!

    Finally, your link to your Jerome album doesn't work. You might want to double check that.

    ReplyDelete