Friday, June 15, 2007

Wipeout

I am such an idiot. This morning, while happily riding my bike to work I got into a tussle with some railroad tracks and the railroad tracks won. The idiot part is because I soon as a started crossing over, I knew I was hitting the tracks at the wrong angle, and then smack! I was on the ground. And bleeding from five different places ordered here from top to bottom: chin, shoulder, both knees, and my ankle. I considered including a picture, but truth be told it's gross, and the internet really doesn't need anymore gross pictures. I also managed to bend up my bike a bit (but I think Moses can fix it). I of course called Moses to come rescue me--I am so glad he had a phone today because I was exactly half way between home in work, and I'm not sure which way I would have started limping if I had to get home on my own. Garion took one look at me started bawling, which was exactly what I wanted to do, but felt I should try to hold it together while in public. I asked him if I could have a Sponge-Bob band aid, but he said no, so I guess he wasn't feeling too bad for me : ). I decided to take the rest of today off to nurse my wounds and have treated myself with a liberal dose of antibiotic ointment and an iced mocha from Starbucks. I'm planning to hunker down for a Lord of the Rings marathon--I think watching other people getting seriously beat-up will help me forget how much my ouwies hurt.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how a bike crash makes you revert to wanting your mommy and a spongebob bandaid? (Though in my case I would have wanted a My Little Pony bandaid).

    Did I tell you about the time I rode into a parked car? Yeah, it was parked. No, I wasn't drunk. I bent my bike all to hell and cut my chin to boot, but luckily didn't fall down. Worse, it was pre-cell phone, so I had to wobble the rest of the way home.

    Chris was sweet and bought me a new bike after that.

    Sorry you crashed, but glad it's nothing more than scratches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you did this unconsciously so that you'd have an excuse to get a new brand-new bike (extracycle)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want a whole new bike, just the attachment : ) . But maybe an adult tricycle is the way to go....

    ReplyDelete