Friday, September 12, 2008

No Use Crying Over Spilt Shampoo

A couple of months ago, my mom gave me an enormous bottle of shampoo. Yep, just randomly. Because nothing says "I love you" like a half gallon of shampoo (thanks Mom!). She scored the shampoo from her friend who is a hair stylist and gets major discounts on this kind of stuff. Or, at least that's what she told me. By which I mean she didn't say "Kerry, I'm concerned about your personal hygiene, here's an enormous bottle of shampoo, please use it."

Last night Garion emerged from his bath positively radiating the smell of said shampoo. Moses and I were sitting in the living room and we could smell him from the upstairs bathroom. The smell was so overpowering that Moses started sneezing, had to go sit outside for awhile, and we had to sleep with the bathroom and all of our bedroom windows open so as not to pass out from shampoo-smell-toxicity. This morning I investigated the half-gallon sized shampoo bottle. It was about 1/4 full. Before Garion's bath, I had used maybe a quarter of the bottle. That means my child used 1/4 gallon of shampoo in his bath last night. Further investigation revealed that he also used all of what was left in the liquid soap bottle (it was about half full), and a not insignificant amount of baking soda, which I normally use to wash Garion's hair because, up until last night, he has hated shampoo.

Garion and I then had a long conversation about appropriate shampoo and soap use. Looking to end the discussion on a positive note, I said to Garion, "but you remembered to wash your hair with soap?." To which Garion responded, "um, no, I forgot."

2 comments:

  1. ok, i am sooo curious as to where all the shampoo/soap/baking soda went if none of it was actually used on his hair ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too funny! Just how slippery was he? I bet the bathtub really looked clean and shiney and as an added bonus smelled good too=)!!

    ReplyDelete