Thursday, September 4, 2008

Imogene Here We Come!

We're leaving for Telluride tomorrow--woohoo! Moses decided that he doesn't like Gatorade so he concocted his own formula of electrolyte replenishing drink. It's composed of lime juice, fresh saved ginger, salt, honey, and water. I had a sip and it nearly killed me on the spot--there is no way on God's green earth that I could ever choke that stuff down on the trail. He's a tough guy though so he can handled that kind of stimulation (the overwhelming flavors--and I do mean overwhelming--where lime and salt but it had a sort of spicy aftertaste).
While we were discussing what to bring, Garion said, "make sure you have your first aid kit, and second aid kit, and third aid kit." The kid know his mom!
Stay tuned for the gory aftermath.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! We'll be cheering you on from our comfy, cozy couches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that - as I lounge on my couch, drinking an icy cold lager, with my feed up - sun pouring in my living room window, fan blowing gently on me, I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lager's gone straight to her typing skills.

    I can't ever drink and type.

    But, yes, good luck and no 911 moments.

    And ick in regards to Moses's concoction. Ick.

    ReplyDelete