Thursday, October 2, 2008

1/2 Marathon Switcheroo

Alight, I'm muscling through. I'm posting more because, in my imagination at least, posting more often will eventually result in better posts. I will be disciplined. I will flex my blogging muscles on a regular basis and I will hone my blogging skills. And I will become a brilliant blogger.
With that in mind, as promised: the 1/2 marathon switch. Long story short is that Imogene was really hard, I did nothing for about a week and half, then I went to Phoenix for a conference where I failed to get in a long run and then by that time I was too far behind to train for Big Sur as much as I would like. Also, running Big Sur requires buying a plane ticket, and booking a hotel and possibly renting a car, all of which for some reason cost money. Conveniently, Tucson has a nice 1/2 marathon race that is at a lower altitude (than Flagstaff) and is mostly downhill, and in December, which gives me another month to train. I love to run downhill. And, I know the course (or part of it) because I ran some of it last year in the marathon relay. So that's the story: I'm running the Tucson half rather than the Big Sur half. And now that I read it, it's not a very interesting story. I guess the better posts will not be starting immediately. Anybody want to run the Tucson 1/2 marathon with me?

2 comments:

  1. I guess it's too late to talk you into doing the full, which is what I am doing ... but I think Heather wants to do the 1/2! Also, I just left a comment on Moses' blog. Please tell him that you know me so that he does not think I am a blog stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Kerry, you've hit the land of things Barbara doesn't do.

    Ran track badly in school, and my knees would probably not allow this to happen.

    ReplyDelete