Friday, October 3, 2008

Yay Mom!

That's my mom. She's standing next to her painting that just won Best of Show in the Northern Arizona Water Color Society's 2008 Experimental Water Media Exhibition. It sold about five minutes after the awards were handed out. I'm really excited for my mom and also so happy that I got to drive down to Sedona to watch her accept her award. Here's a close up of the painting (my picture is crooked, not the painting). Click on the photo for a larger view and to see the really remarkable detail.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really beautiful! I'm not usually a fan of modern art, but I have to say this an exception. Go Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Neato. Interesting use of materials, too.

    Yeah, I can talk my way through an art. crit if need be.

    Nice use of color too.

    And you and your mom look like a good chunk alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Debbie! I love the painting, great colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my cuteness, you and your mom are like twins. And her painting reminds me a lot of the zoo collage you made for my baby shower scrapbook. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for the nice comments and Kerry you sneek for posting not only a picture of me but of my painting.

    I have to say that I am smiling and secretly pleased.

    ReplyDelete