Sunday, November 23, 2008

First Snow of the Season

In keeping with my "better late than never" theory of blogging this month, I thought I'd share some photos of our first snow. Which happened on November 9th. But it's supposed to snow again this week, so in some ways, I'm really just letting you know what it's going to look like around here a few days from now. I am so far behind, I'm actually ahead.
Needless to say, Garion was beside himself with excitement to see white stuff falling from the sky. He put on his heavy coat and gloves and essentially wandered around the back yard for half an hour marveling at the miracle of snow. I wish that I could be more like that. Because I, on the other hand, was wishing for a warm cave within which to hibernate until spring.
I do have to admit, it is pretty. Maybe if I really bundle up and hang around Garion enough, I'll re-discover how much fun I used to think snow was. Maybe what we really need is a sled. And a parka. And lots of hot chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. I want some hot chocolate just thinking about snow. Luckily (or perhaps not-so-luckily, considering the calories), the library Cafe Biblioteca serves hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete