Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oh-Mama, I Love Election Day!

This was a comment that I just left on a friend's blog and then it occurred to me that it was a good post-title. This particular friend has the best election day post I've read yet, so I'll just point you to it here. We must have had at least a dozen conversations like that at our house over the past two years. TWO YEARS--it's almost over!
I love election day, I love voting, I love waiting for poll returns. I am such a political science dork: I get all sentimental about democracy and the peaceful transfer of power and about how even the big dudes at the center of it all only get one vote, just like the rest of us. The cockles of my heart are warming just contemplating it. Here's to hoping that by tomorrow they'll be glowing.
On a side note, the below clip was sent to me by my sister-in-law as a get-out-the-vote reminder. It is simultaneously hilarious and terrifying. Just for the record, I had already submitted my early ballot before she sent this to me. Because I am a model citizen who gets all mushy at the thought of democracy in action and actually wants to be picked for jury duty (but never does--which is too bad because I would be an awesome juror--but that's another story). If tomorrow ends in disaster I am not responsible.

3 comments:

  1. lol, I love these things! I should have sent one to my stupid parents who stupidly forgot to register - despite my numerous reminders and links. Stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it....That was hilarous! What sister-in law?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for the shout-out. And that video was HI-larious.

    ReplyDelete