Monday, February 8, 2010

On Being Sucked Dry

In Garion's home folder today:
-a registration renewal form for next year that requires a $40 deposit,
-a reminder of our $200 "scrip" obligation--a mandatory fundraiser for the school,
-a reminder to return envelopes for the "math-a-thon" fundraiser for St. Jude's Hospital,
-a notice for "Jump Rope for Heart" and fund-raising envelope, AND
-a notice and form for donating blood at next week's blood drive.
That's right: your money is NOT enough and you probably don't have any left, so we'd like your BLOOD too. ok?thanks.

****
Also, just because it's that kind of day and there's no one old enough around to listen, I'm just going to put it out in the world: my back hurts, I didn't sleep well last night and I'm tired, I have a sore throat, it's cold, it's snowing AGAIN, I had to work on the longest, crappiest complaint in the history of the world today and it is STILL not finished, I have a sink full of dirty dishes, and I am all out of sorts and grumpy. We are so having pancakes for dinner tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Awww! What kind of pancakes? Pancakes make everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream of ice cream. I seam to remmber that putting a smile on everyone's face in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When/if are you going to write a new blog update??

    And yes, I realize I don't think I've written a new one in eons either. So pot kettle black too. :). And yes, you have a job and a child and a cute dog. And there's facebook.

    So, tell me to stifle if you want.

    ReplyDelete