Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Photo Experiment


I just recently read about a new photography book of images captured with an iPhone. Something about "The Best Camera is the One You Have With You." The images are stunning and quite inspiring. So inspiring in fact that I am going to aim for a daily photo or two, which I will post on Flickr (since that seems to be the easiest way to publish from the iPhone). My friend Anali did a similar project a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed the day to day images she captured. Anybody have any thoughts on whether I should allow my photos to be viewable by everyone or whether I should issue invites? I'm a little chicken about putting my photos out there in the world for all to view, but then those types of photos are some of my favorite parts of the blogs I read on a regular basis. To the left is today's photo.

2 comments:

  1. I love this photo. Garion's face looks like such a nice blend of both of yours. His expression seems to have Moses' intensity.

    Keep it up - I can't wait to see what you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a great pic!

    I wouldn't worry so much about putting your pictures out there for "everyone." Both of my Year in Pictures projects were completely open, and I can assure you that there is no need to be concerned. In Flickr, you can see how many people are viewing each picture (probably on Flickr only, or clicking through from my blog) - most pics have fewer than 5 views. And I also keep track of how many people are reading my blog - again, a very low number. The truth is, the internet is a very big place, and the number of people interested in MY pictures is very few.

    Looking forward to your project - I've been thinking of doing a pic of the day again, but don't want to commit to EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete