Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rain

Garion started a new daycare about six weeks ago. I had heard wonderful things about the new daycare from some families who had sent kids there. I knew that I wanted to send Garion to the school, and was thrilled when they had an opening for him, but I was sure that we would have a long, tough transition to the new place, new teachers, and new friends.
On the first day, Garion shocked me by being not only not apprehensive about the new school but downright enthusiastic. Since then, I've been really pleased with the quality of the teachers and the program and I am so grateful for the opportunity for Garion to have this kind of experience.
This was reinforced yesterday when I picked Garion up. It was raining outside and Garion and two of his classmates were sitting up on top of a counter (by the guinea pigs) under the window, shoes off, and watching the rain. I can't remember the last time I was three four-year-olds in calmly sitting in one spot, never mind doing something as utterly peaceful as watching rain. I love that kind of relaxed, open atmosphere at this new school. It was a tough decision to switch schools but I'm glad we did.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I want to sit in front of a window with my shoes off watching the rain, too! Does his school have any openings for us 30-somethings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish! Today when I picked him up, he was helping his teacher work on the compost. Yes, they have a compost bin at this school for their garden! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see a painting in the works.

    I wonder what they were hearing in that secret place deep within.

    Ah ...to be four again and take the time to just watch and listen....

    ReplyDelete