Thursday, May 15, 2008

Shout Out

I don't want to be accused of ignoring my peeps! So I will confess that Animal, Vegetable, Miracle did double duty this spring--it was also the March book for the completely awesome and erudite law clerk book club. Our meeting for the book featured a lunch time buffet of beautiful locally grown and prepared items: farmer's market fresh tomatoes and basil with mozzarella cheese and fresh crusty bread, potato salad (with farmer's market produce), blue corn cookies and corn bread, and two salads harvested from local gardens (one of which was mine and included mini-carrots that were approximately 3/4 of an inch long and about an eighth of an inch in diameter--they were stunning). The lunch was even better than book and I'm really missing having such a great group of people to chat with about books.

3 comments:

  1. Aw man, now I need to get MY book club to start collaborating on theme lunches!

    I bet you could start a group with your new local colleagues, if they don't have one already...but if not, you'll just have to be more diligent about the BAMC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. The Fem. Book Club I'm in usually does potlucky or meet at various restaurants like Pita Jungle or the Ethiopian Restaurant.

    But nothing that wow-worthy. Okay, it's not like I'm going to bring it either. Baking yes, this stuff not so much.

    The dinner that involved pesto and pasta was mixed supposedly, so the bread and fruit salad I passed on to the person who was going was well appreciated.

    ReplyDelete