Friday, February 15, 2008

Bad Wife

On the way home tonight I accidentally forgot, um....my husband. I got home, saw our truck in the driveway and then wondered where he was when we got in the house. Then I recalled that--oh yeah!--I dropped him off at work this morning and I was supposed to call him after I picked up Garion. It's also 40 degrees and raining this evening. All this for the wonderful man who showered me yesterday with warm pajamas and a beautiful new sweater because he doesn't want me to freeze when we move to Flagstaff. I am a bad wife.
Why, you might wonder, did I not turn right around and go get him? Because of the circle swing. Garion took a couple of turns on swing this afternoon that his teachers put up in the classroom on rainy days. The swing swings in circles. Garion acquired a rather peculiar shade of green on the way home and told me his tummy "feels dizzy." So he's in bed sleeping it off right now and I'm sitting at the kitchen table feeling bad because my husband is schlepping through cold, rainy weather as we speak. I am a bad wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment