Monday, February 11, 2008

New Plan

So, it appears the group project was....well....not as much of a success as I was hoping it would be. We put our house on the market two weeks ago and have not received an offer. *sigh*
However, we went on a hunting expedition in Flagstaff this past weekend and found a house. Yay! But it's going to be pretty hard to pay for until the Tucson house sells. Boo! Here's the story, because of course you need to know the details: A former co-worker of my mom has been plotting a move to Prescott for quite awhile now. When she heard we were looking to move back to Flag, she called my mom and said we should come look at her house. So we did. And it's a great house in exactly the neighborhood we hoped to live in. We made and offer yesterday, they countered today, and we're taking the counter-offer. The house has three bedrooms, two and half baths (or as Garion remarked, "a potty for each of us!"), a nice living room, a family room, and an enclosed sun porch in the backyard. I will be able to walk Garion to his new preschool (which we also found this weekend) and Moses will be able to cycle to work. The only drawbacks are that the backyard is small and the house is covered in wallpaper. (I swore when we started looking at houses that I would NOT buy a house with wallpaper, so of course that's exactly what we're buying, and by covered I mean I don't think there's a room in the whole house that doesn't have wallpaper). All in all, the purchase of this house has a nice, karmic feel to it.
Which leads me to speculate that perhaps I didn't to the visualization/universe bending thing, right and maybe the universe misunderstood what I was after? Maybe the universe thought "Kerry and Moses need to find a new house in their price range in two weeks" when what I really meant was "I need to sell my current home for a decent price in two weeks"? Maybe I just had too much of my energy focused on the new digs? Or maybe I asked and the universe just said no. I don't know. So, I'm proposing that we re-set the group visualization project deadline and re-double our efforts.
New Plan: visualize us getting an offer (meaning we SELL and someone else BUYS) on our house by February 14th. More specifically, I think that we should visualize some nice happy family traipsing through my house, falling madly in love with it, and proposing to it just in time for Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about that house, I'm glad that got worked out. I will contact Cupid and put him to work on making some people fall in love with your house for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete