Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's That Time of Year Again....

....where I start complaining about the cold. Temps are supposed to drop to 37 tonight and the leaves are already changing. I swear this happened practically overnight. I went to Coronado Island last week (where the weather was gorgeous and my mom and I had a great time, except for the part where I saw an 80 year old dude in a g-string at the beach--dude, after a certain point the world just does not need to see what you want to share), and when I came back....bang!, it was fall. I am not ready. I was cheated. Summer was particularly short this year: it didn't even start to get warm until late June, there was only one three-week run where I even considered wearing shorts everyday, then we went to Australia, where it was the dead of winter (I know, totally mine own fault), and now it's cold. It it won't warm up again until JUNE. Do you know how far away June is? REALLY FAR. And things are going to get way worse before they start to get better. I am going to have to buy some really cute boots to cope. Last year, I refrained from buying anything more that snow boots, but it's time to face reality; I am now mountain girl, no longer desert girl, and I'll be wearing that cute pair of boots way more than all my cute pairs of sandals put together (which will now probably last me the rest of my life because I hardly get to wear them). Cute boots will make it all better. I know they will.
***
I'm thinking about trying to post everyday for awhile, just to see what happens so you'll be seeing a lot of stupid posts like this. I'm something brilliant will bubble to the top with the junk. We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to ALL of your posts! And those boots are totally cute - I wish it were cold enough here to wear boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You TOTALLY deserve some cute boots! And lay off the sledding this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea....An excuse for more shoe or should I say boot shopping!!! =)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And of course you already posted pics. Der on me.

    ReplyDelete